A raw honey of unique taste and aroma, and of excellent quality. Fir honey with its special appearance, is very high in minerals and trace elements. It is rich in iron, which helps in upset stomach and bowel problems. The uniqueness of this honey variety is readily distinguishable, since it is very viscous, amber colour, and a special aroma.
The nutritional and biological value is very high because it is a honey with a high concentration of minerals.
- This type of honey is not collected from flowers, but from a honeydew (resin) that some microorganisms produce in the trunk of black spruce, at an altitude of over 1,000 meters in a completely virgin environment. The bees collect the honeydew from the trees and produce a highly viscous honey with characteristic reddish color, and very rich in minerals, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, etc.
- Another unique feature is that because of the low content of glucose (below 30%) it never crystallizes, even after years.
- It has a neutral flavor and spicy taste reminiscent of butter caramel with spruce flavors.
- It is ideal for those who want a honey that is not too sweet.
- Characterized for the presence of minerals in greater quantities than other types of honey.
- It is an antioxidant and has cosmetic properties.
- Particularly honored by those practicing sports.
- It is a natural antidepressant with sedative properties.
- Nourishes and stimulates the nervous system and the brain, and helps the memory function.